ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2013: topics and talks

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2013: topics and talks
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:51:19 +0200

On 2013-04-12 at 13:24, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> Absolutely: my memory is that several non-GNU people were very
> enthusiastic about GNU afterwards, and it was hardly a huge gathering
> in any case.

If we want the GHM to officially become a GNU outreach event, maybe we
should change the event description, and advertise it to the general
public.  It's not only for "GNU maintainers and active contributors" any
longer in that case.

The only aspect that leaves me slightly worried is the danger of
diluting our political message if we accept many non-GNU speakers.  An
example is the recent Emacs Conference in London where we met; the event
was technically very interesting, but with hardly any mention of free
software.  In my opinion GHMs should remain strongly centered around GNU
and free software, and not become generic software conferences.

> We were also able to discuss GNU business "in private"
> without any problem as far as I could tell.

That's true.  Maybe I'm worrying too much.

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net