ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2013: topics and talks

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2013: topics and talks
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:01:08 +0200

Luca Saiu <address@hidden> skribis:

> On 2013-04-12 at 13:24, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>> Absolutely: my memory is that several non-GNU people were very
>> enthusiastic about GNU afterwards, and it was hardly a huge gathering
>> in any case.
>
> If we want the GHM to officially become a GNU outreach event, maybe we
> should change the event description, and advertise it to the general
> public.

That would be a different event, I think.

GHMs are clearly meetings for GNU hackers, but we’re not sectarian.  In
the past, developers of non-GNU projects were invited to present their
work because it was considered “interesting” for GNU.  In Paris, a few
non-GNU people heard about the event and asked if they could come, which
was fine, of course.  Yet, we didn’t advertise it to the “general public.”

It seems like a good trade-off to me.  WDYT?

Ludo’.