gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Trust

From: Stan Shebs
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Trust
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:13:50 -0800

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

Stan Shebs <address@hidden> writes:

Heh, forgot there were managers reading this. I still miss the oldest
days of Usenet; before managers discovered it, we could say what we
liked about them... :-)

Now, now, Stan, let's not forget that I used to report to you (as did
several other people here).  You're not one of us, you're one of them.

Hah, ain't a permanent taint - in many organizations, a few years as
pipsqueak manager is just a step in the cursus honorum. Now I get to
say bad things about managers and they can't tell me I don't know
what I'm talking about. :-)

Hmmm, come to think of it, I have eight people reporting to me now.  I
guess that maybe I'm one of them, too.

Not only that, but soon you'll have to hire managers to take the load
off yourself, which makes you second-level...

Stan