gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] A small patch case study, -file-list-exec-source-files

From: Michael Snyder
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] A small patch case study, -file-list-exec-source-files
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:31:12 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:36:48 -0500
From: Bob Rossi <address@hidden>

So the question is, is patch review the most important aspect of
being a GNU GDB maintainer?

How many GDB maintainers would answer yes to this?

IMHO, it's one of the most important aspects.  The other one is to
make his/her own contributions to GDB.

An important observation.  There may be some of us who want to do
nothing more than review patches -- but I can't think who.  For most,
we have work of our own that we want to do too.  We have to strike
a balance of priority between our own contributions, each others,
and contributions coming from outside.