gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] A small patch case study, -file-list-exec-source-files

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] A small patch case study, -file-list-exec-source-files
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:52:14 -0500

As I
said, although Red Hat is the effective maintainer of gdb

While @redhat/Cygnus names still dominates the MAINTAINERS file, they do not dominate development and review activity. I'd put the following forward as the most active lead developers (in terms of patch review and development):

        AndrewC -- RH
        MarkK
        DanielJ
        ElenaZ -- RH
        EliZ

(With DavidC as the most notable contributor).

I don't know whether Red
Hat is actually paying anybody to work toward these, or similar,
goals.

For what its worth, as senior GDB developer in Red Hat's "Cygnus" group (and GDB's Adminstrator), I was afforded a nominal amount of time (it didn't come close to volunteer time I contribute). I've since (~aug '03) moved groups so I'm no longer in that "enviable" position (I actually recommended that the pratice be stopped). Fortunately, because my current group's objectives (GNU/Linux, with a longer term prospective) are far better aligned with those of GDB, I'm actually in a better position.

Andrew