gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] A small patch case study, -file-list-exec-source-files

From: Paul Gilliam
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] A small patch case study, -file-list-exec-source-files
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:21:37 -0800

address@hidden wrote on 03/23/2004 10:32:44 PM:

> > From: David Carlton <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:27:01 -0800
> >
> > On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:56:33 -0800, Joel Brobecker
> <address@hidden> said:
> >
> > > The one thing that has been annoying me most when patch review gets
> > > delayed is that I tend to forget the details after a while. If the
> > > reviewer asks me some specific questions during the review, it takes
> > > me a while to get back up to speed. It's easier if the review
> > > occurred within a week. And there's also the fact that the patch may
> > > no longer apply cleanly.
> >
> > This happens to me fairly often too.
>
> I think it happens to almost everyone.

This is a good thing: some times you look at your code with a fresh eye and say "Why did I do that when this is much better".  I don't mean second guessing, but sometimes in the heat of fixing a problem, we grab the first solution that fixes it.  A second look affords us an opportunity to correct these understandable blemishes.