gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:29:50 +0100

> Yes, Nautilus works just fine, so does gcmd-1.2.3 and so
> did gcmd-1.3 before the migration to C++

I wonder if it's an issue with C++ and gcc settings for AMD64 arch. I have
these weird delay on my AMD64 PC, and i just checked out rev804 on the laptop
(i686) and guess what, it works fine as usual, no filesystem lookup delay, no
crashes.

Another difference is the kernel, on PC it's Linux  2.6.18-4-amd64 (original
debian package) where on laptop it's (still) 2.6.19rc6. Both running the native
SATA drivers but i'd didn't take a closer look at the debian kernel yet, since
anything worked fine. And then, while both root filesystems are about 20G, the
PC mounts a 100G parttition with another 20G  of multimedia and backup files -
maybe the lookup happens on the laptop as well but is so fast that it's not
recognizable ? How can i tell ? And there's no FAM on either machine.

I should compare more carefully, unfortunaetly i got no time yet, i'm preparing
to break off tomorrow and will be back to my PC only in 2 weeks. I hope you can
find the bug. (Maybe you are able to compare to another machine too?)

cu, mi