Re: [Fsuk-manchester] must.. join.. list..

From: allcoms
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] must.. join.. list..
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:19:17 +0100

Hi Lucy!

I've just re-joined the list with my 'proper' address so hopefully
this post will get through OK

> Hi Dan
>
> Thanks for the introduction, I'm really glad you've managed to sign up
> to the list. Your band sounds awesome and I'd like to hear more about
> your work in the school sometime.

Next gig we've got is 27th June at underground live in Ashton- it'd be
great if you or any other LUG'rs could mekkit!

The most significant FOSS deployments at our school have been our use
of citadel as an email and to a lesser extent groupware and
calendaring server, Moodle for the VLE and I've installed the
best-of-the-best in (cross-platform) FOSS apps on all computers
(mainly XP, sadly) in our school including:

Firefox
VLC
OpenOffice
GIMP
7zip
winff
audacity
avidemux
filezilla
devede
python/pygame

...and gvim ;)

> We still have plenty of the stickers available and I'll be bringing
> them to the next admin meeting and the next talk, if you'd like to
> pick some more up.

Is there a talk this month too? If so, what on, where and when? Can't
see any listed on the events page but you can certainly count on me
coming to Dan's sound processing talk which sounds interesting. If Dan
is reading- are you the same DanL on the phoronix forums, per chance??

Dan