[Fsuk-manchester] must.. join.. list..

From: allcoms
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] must.. join.. list..
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:41:54 +0100

Hi man fsuk! ;)

SORRY

to everyone for my huge delay in joining the list! I really have no
excuse for my delay. Anyone who attended the recent jaunty party at
the beeb bar in manc may recall me as the guy with the big blonde hair
and an orange Penguin jacket?? I got a few of the 'Linux Inside' and
the flying GNU / Tux stickers which I gave out to the geekier kids at
the school where I work and they absolutely loved 'em- I felt like a
kinda 'geek dentist' if that makes any sense- I always used to get
stickers at the dentists when I was younger anyway. It'd be great to
get some more as its only promotion for the cause and I know I can get
rid very easy. </end blag>

For those who I didn't meet at the recent Jaunty Manc bash, hi my name
is Dan and I've been using Linux since '96 - Slackware 3.1 with kernel
1.2.13 was my first distro- aaahh! I've owned nigh on very home
computer and console thats ever been released and I still have my
Atari 2600, paddles, sticks and a bunch of games- yeah!b I work as an
IT technician and I've long been interested in the black art of Linux
AV. When not geeking about I'm normally obsessing with music like
performing with iamtenninja or sam and the plants. iamtenninja are
admittedly a right bunch of (lovable) geeks as the bassist was
alreading running Linux before I joined and after making a convert of
one of our guitarists we are a free software band, by majority rule.
Yes, we want to play at your geek (demo!) parties, festivals, orgies
and *nix conventions!! ;)

These days I mainly run Ubuntu variants on desktops and notebooks and
Debian for the servers. Jaunty? The short fsck times of ext4 and
faster boot is cool but it seems Jaunty chance of great success has
been killed by a raft of graphics probs with both ati and intel cards-
I hope the whole graphics mess gets sorted out in time for 9.10! I've
experimented with all the major free OSes but apart from (Debian)
Linux the other OS I'm very interested in is Haiku, which I'm sure
you're all familiar with already as being an MIT licensed
re-implementation of the much admired, much missed BeOS.

This year will be/is a very important one for free software IMO!

Geek out!

Dan MacDonald