Re: [Fsuk-manchester] must.. join.. list..

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] must.. join.. list..
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:43:29 +0100

2009/6/1 allcoms <address@hidden>:
> Hi man fsuk! ;)
>
> SORRY
>
> to everyone for my huge delay in joining the list! I really have no
> excuse for my delay. Anyone who attended the recent jaunty party at
> the beeb bar in manc may recall me as the guy with the big blonde hair
> and an orange Penguin jacket?? I got a few of the 'Linux Inside' and
> the flying GNU / Tux stickers which I gave out to the geekier kids at
> the school where I work and they absolutely loved 'em- I felt like a
> kinda 'geek dentist' if that makes any sense- I always used to get
> stickers at the dentists when I was younger anyway. It'd be great to
> get some more as its only promotion for the cause and I know I can get
> rid very easy. </end blag>

Hi Dan

Thanks for the introduction, I'm really glad you've managed to sign up
to the list. Your band sounds awesome and I'd like to hear more about
your work in the school sometime.

We still have plenty of the stickers available and I'll be bringing
them to the next admin meeting and the next talk, if you'd like to
pick some more up.

We have other stickers and badges too, as well as a selection of books
from the FSF. The full list (and prices) is at:
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Merchandise.

In case you missed the email, we have an admin meeting next Monday
(8th June), with details on the website. Please feel free to come
along for a few drinks and maybe contribute to the group - we're
always looking out for new people and new ideas.

Our talks are on the third Tuesday of every month and details of the
next talk will be coming soon. I think you'll be particularly
interested in July's talk, with your music background, again details
coming soon!

Best wishes

Lucy