Re: [Fsuk-manchester] DFEY - Logo Competition - Cash Prizes

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] DFEY - Logo Competition - Cash Prizes
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 18:22:24 +0100

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 12:27:34PM +0100, Lucy wrote:
> I'm not sure I'd seen that when I wrote my original email. However, it
> still seems unnecessarily complicated and it's not always
> possible/practical to get additional authorisation from the author. In
> this instance I'm not sure what benefits attribution would bring?

Attribution brings the usual recognition for the author, which is what
some authors prefer.  It doubly acknowledges the copyright, and that
copyright is being used to licence the work in the way the author sees
fit.

It may not be practical to attribute a logo on a business card or badge,
but there is ample room on larger productions such as leaflets, credits
pages in books and on web sites, about dialogs in software.  I see no
reason to disqualify that if that’s what the author wishes.

simple system that works.—John Gall