Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: Event: Manchester Girl Geek Dinner #2 - 7:00

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: Event: Manchester Girl Geek Dinner #2 - 7:00 PM Friday, July 25, 2008
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:51:13 +0100

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:48:28AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Who can attend: Girl Geeks! A lady who has an interest, or is involved
> > in the Science, Engineering and Technology industries. Blokes can come
> > too, but you need an invite from a Geek Girl!
>
> Boycott that sex discrimination project and please don't advertise it.

For once, I'm inclined to agree with you, though in slightly less terse
language. However, we don't block the posting of geek-related event
advertisements on the list (I'm not sure how we could really, other than
banning anyone who posted it - which I think would be a bit extreme).

Anyway, it's fairly easy for me to boycott it if I wanted to, seeing as
I'm not allowed to go anyway. :)

Paul

--
Paul Waring