Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Anarchist Bookfair, 7th June 2008

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Anarchist Bookfair, 7th June 2008
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:18:16 +0100

On 03/06/2008, Dave Page <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Monday 26 May 2008 17:31, Dave Page wrote:
> > More details: http://www.bookfair.org.uk/
>

> Just to say that we still haven't had a volunteer step forward for this,
>  and to reiterate that it'd be really good for Manchester Free Software
>  to have a presence there.

I'd be happy to help in the morning, but I couldn't do all day.
However, I think the main problem is a lack of materials - I don't
think it's going to be possible to get enough leaflets and cds done in
time. I did consider creating a proper Manchester Free Software
leaflet but haven't had time to actually do anything about it
unfortunately.

Also, (prepares for flaming) I'd be unwilling to distribute just
gNewSense CDs - for the target audience I think we'd need a pile of
OpenCDs and a easy-to-use distro like Ubuntu too.