Re: [Fsuk-manchester] video Stallman talk at Futuresonic

From: Nigel Rolland
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] video Stallman talk at Futuresonic
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:29:54 +0000

Peter Colton wrote:
        Hello all,

I think that we should contact the "Contact Theatre" to find out if
Richard talk is going to be video. If they have no plans to video the
talk we should make effort to video it our self with the help from Andy.

Last year Futuresonic was in my opinion just a lot of people talking
about there holiday trip to Brazil. The only thing that was of real
interest was the talk by the Brasilia minister and his role in
government. The informal manner of this talk was a breath of fresh air.

So is any one up to contacting the "Contact Theatre" to find out what
the crack is about videoing Richard talk. If the answer is NO I will
make effects to contact them.

        Regards: peter

I would be happy to contact the contact to ask them about videoing the RMS talk

I think that peter is forgetting the lively discussion we had at last years futuresonic about whether the possibilities exist for the bottom up social model of open source culture to be applied to other areas of social and economic activity in the UK as it has worked in the barrio based estudio libre projects of Latin America.

Some ideas, the FSUK could think about organising complimentary events on the same week as the futuresonic events, such as:
showing films like  "the code" or "on piracy"
holding some free software installation workshops for beginners
Discussions on subjects such as DRM and copyright versus progressive licensing

In solidarity

Nigel

--
( One World. One Chance.  |  www.greenparty.org.uk )