Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Stallman to speak at Futuresonic]

From: Peter Colton
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Stallman to speak at Futuresonic]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:57:46 +0000

Nigel Rolland wrote:

> what
> we need to be thinking about is how we can organise around the event to
> promote free software

        Hello nigel,

Long time no see, Yes need to promote free software at the venue. I
think a A5 leaflet with the basics of what free software is and how
people can contact the Manchester free software group our web address
and encourager interested parties to join the mailing list and come to
group meetings.

The next practical thing I would say is for use free software user that
attend the day advent is to at some time or all the time be identified
as a free software user by the means of wearing a:

# Software, Free Society T-shirt
http://www.gnu.org/gear/FSFS-tshirt.html

Posting the advent info on other interested mailing lists. I will be
posting on two UK hands off Venezuela mailing list soon and nearer the
time of the advent. Reason for these list is Venezuela transition to
free software and Richards role as a adviser for their sater light
company, Telsur. I will all so email the UK Venezuela embassy see if
they can add the advents info on a email mailing shot.

        Regards: peter

--
( Hasta la Victoria Siempre )
( www.democracynow.org : The War On Peace Report )