Re: [Fsfe-uk] New FSFE Free PDF Readers Campaign

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] New FSFE Free PDF Readers Campaign
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:17:38 +0100

Hi,

Tom Chance wrote:
> Somebody needs to turn that page into a consumer facing web site with
> a big simple button (auto-detecting your platform as per the table) to
> download the recommended PDF software. The table could appear
> undernath for those who would like options.

For filing of certain types of accounts online, and you have to do it
online, www.hmrc.gov.uk recently provided a PDF that was a series of
forms, with it doing calculations for you, and then it securely uploaded
the results to HMRC using your login details when complete.  A real pain
compared to the web interface it replaced since I had to install Adobe
Reader, AdbeRdr9.3.2-1_i486linux_enu.bin;  are any of the free PDF
readers at the level where they can substitute for this type of use?

Cheers,
Ralph.