Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership, Executive membership and a suggestion

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership, Executive membership and a suggestion
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:29:06 +0000

On Monday 02 March 2009 21:10:23 you wrote:
> Yes you are correct and I did fail to pay attention to those seven
> words. I believe you have written that you are the only person who has
> been paying this. Am I reemembering correctly?

Yes you are, I had asked almost as soon as I started on this project for
anyone else who was still a paid up member to make themselves known, as
yet I seem to be the only one. The Accounts for 2004 seem to have a
balance of £1,937,75 we can assume that the next years
subscriptions/donations went in, about £1500.00, and that my subscription
has been going in ever since, (my bank statement shows this to be the
case), If the members of the last committee would stop being defensive, I
might be able to get somewhere in finding out what the position is, and
either wind it up and repay monies, or restart it again. I have to admit
that the first option looks to be the most likely.

I would like to ask why you are suddenly so interested when you were
apparently happy for the previous situation to continue since 2004.

I was for most of that time disabled and full of pain-killers so I really
noticed nothing until Royal Mail forwarding ending, and I tried to alter
my address for notices etc., and found that the AFFS had just been
abandoned.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/