Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership, Executive membership and a suggestion

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership, Executive membership and a suggestion
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:34:21 +0000

> I suggest one slight alternative;

Jason or Sam's solution seems good to me.

Speaking as a former member of the committee who resigned
due to too many commitments, I agree with Ian that raking
over past problems is not the most productive way to
get re-booted. Very busy people worked very hard on
AFFS, and final problems were probably a combination
of lack of time to meet, and bureaucratic overhead of
the constitution.

Any resurrection of AFFS will depend on member interest
and direction from said members [1] - what sort of
interest have you had in these off-list e-mails, John?

If there's enough interest in a meeting and a re-boot,
call one and see who comes. Somewhere central, obviously
- previous successful meetings have been in London
and Birmingham, but if you want Manchester I'm happy to
try and arrange a venue :)

 - Richard

[1] Declaration of interest: I'm looking at applying for an AFFS
    grant to pay towards some Free Software I'm commissioning for
    the voluntary sector, so things would be a lot easier with
    a functioning AFFS, and its grant scheme.