Re: [Fsfe-uk] TV show about copyright, the Internet and DRM

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] TV show about copyright, the Internet and DRM
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:21:19 +0100

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 23:21 +0100, Martin Wheeler wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Alex Hudson wrote:
> > All I would say is don't get your hopes up. I've never heard of anyone
> > getting a tape from a radio or TV show they've participated on, or
> > permission to re-use anything other than a short segment from a longer
> > programme.
>
> Well, I've been involved in three programmes, and have studio quality
> tapes of all three (including one in French, done by Antenne 2), provided
> to me by the makers.

Ok, so I've now heard of one :D

It's generally pretty unusual as I understand it though, and I get the
impression it's less to do with copyright etc. and more to do with the
production staff having little interest in doing them for people.

I still like the idea of doing some films ourselves which we could all
use. Gavin's GNU/London was a great film, I thought, and we could use a
few more resources like that.