Re: [Fsfe-uk] TV show about copyright, the Internet and DRM

From: Martin Wheeler
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] TV show about copyright, the Internet and DRM
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:21:17 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Alex Hudson wrote:

> All I would say is don't get your hopes up. I've never heard of anyone
> getting a tape from a radio or TV show they've participated on, or
> permission to re-use anything other than a short segment from a longer
> programme.

Well, I've been involved in three programmes, and have studio quality
tapes of all three (including one in French, done by Antenne 2), provided
to me by the makers.

Obviously, I don't make rip-off copies, but I had no difficulty obtaining
the tapes.

Mind you, I wasn't just a guest on the show -- in all three my family was
the subject of the film.

address@hidden                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/