Re: [Fsfe-uk] The Reg on RMS in London

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] The Reg on RMS in London
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 00:39:00 +0100

P.L.Hayes wrote:

> Which is the whole point - one mistake like that and with some people you can
> lose the whole argument.

Richard is usually very careful with his choice of words and analogies,
so it would be unfortunate if he were to make a misjudgement at such a
crucial time.

He made no such mistakes at Bristol the next day, when discussing
copyright in my opinion.

He did comment on AIDS in Africa in relation to patents, but only to
suggest (as I recall) that perhaps patents don't work as well in
pharmaceuticals as perhaps the proponents of software patents imply.

Although I found his introduction discussing the boycott of Coca Cola
slightly jarring, although obviously something he feels strongly about.
I believe he was also awaiting someone fetching him a bottle of Pepsi at
the time, although this wasn't made clear.

http://www.colombiasolidarity.org.uk/cocacolacampaign.html

But then I try to minimise my in take of sugary, and caffeinated
beverages, and hadn't heard of the boycott before (displaying my
political ignorance). Although of course  Coca cola have many other
product lines.

--
 http://info.thyroidpatients.org/