Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: OSS Watch inaugural conference, 11 December 2003

From: Tom Coady
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: OSS Watch inaugural conference, 11 December 2003
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:47:40 +0000

Ralph Corderoy said the following on 28/11/2003 15:38:

There are loud mouth idiots in all walks of life.  Some are loud about
proprietary software, and some, unfortunately, are loud about free
software.  This is fine when it's to their mates down the pub or
colleagues at work who know the person.

But it's not so great when they send off an angry email to some
newspaper journalist who's published an inaccurate article.

So where does FSFE fit into this equation? I should have thought we are more analogous to the first scenario than to the second, but then I don't really know how many journalists read our comments to each other.