Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: OSS Watch inaugural conference, 11 December 2003

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: OSS Watch inaugural conference, 11 December 2003
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:08:41 +0000

Hi,

(Marc: I should be attending the OSS Watch conference, time permitting.)

There seems to be quite a bit of scepticism on this list and a fair amount of misinformation. The idea of OSS Watch is to provide a balanced and neutral source of information about Open Source software to the Higher Education community - and to be balanced you must recognise that alternatives exist, and that for some people, a proprietary software package may be of more use. For this reason and many more, it makes a lot of sense to have the biggest vendor of proprietary software at the event.