Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Looks like MS have shot themselves in the foot..

From: Martyn Ranyard
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Looks like MS have shot themselves in the foot...]
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:45:33 +0000

Quoting Tom Coady <address@hidden>:
> Since you mention TFA I wonder if anyone knows what was meant by "We'll
> be hearing about the importance of the fabled Microsoft Office Corporate
> Macro™ fairly soon - a mythical beast which has never been sighted
> outside of technical computer magazines." or is it just El Reg being a
> tease?

Well I must admit that the other day we were at a customers' site and
recommended them to stick with ms office on one machine as the person using it
does actually use macros to do "some things" with.  The other machines will be
using OpenOffice, but we simply didn't have the time to check if they'd come
across and/or convert the macros.  I think that the true test of a piece of
software such as OpenOffice is if everyone but one person is using it, which way
they want to jump a year or so down the line - if they go to all MS Office I'll
be surprised.  I'd actually be quite surprised if they went all OO too, having
seen how resistant to change the person who uses the macros is.