Re: [Fsfe-uk] Compiling history of free software in the UK

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Compiling history of free software in the UK
Date: 16 Nov 2003 17:37:45 +0000

Hi David,
  I hope you are able to release your work as Free Documentation[0].

I found Rebel Code by Glyn Moody to be a fairly accurate but limited
history.

Free As In Freedom by Sam Williams is a good biography of Richard
Stallman, it's released under the GNU Free Documentation License and is
available on-line at http://www.faifzilla.org/toc.html

The FSF bulletins are also quite useful, they date back as for as 1986:
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~trent/gnu/bull/index.html

I hope these are useful.

Ciaran.

[0] FSF approved licenses at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeDocumentationLicenses
(of these, FSF recommend the GNU Free Documentation license.  Some
people think documentation should be released under the GNU GPL.  But
this is a different discussion)

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/