[Fsfe-uk] Compiling history of free software in the UK

From: David Tannenbaum
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Compiling history of free software in the UK
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:42:26 +0000

Hi all,

I am a doctoral student in Economic & Social History, and am writing my dissertation on the history of free software.

I am currently compiling a history of free software use and development in the UK, particularly in higher education, for a separate project. However, I can't seem to find any central repository that already exists, so I'm thinking that I might as well publish what I eventually compile somewhere on the web.

Could folks suggest events or areas of interest that I should include? I am particularly interested in free software use and development in higher education, but would like to include everything that's important.

Many thanks,
David