Re: [Fsfe-uk] address@hidden info

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] address@hidden info
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:48:09 GMT

Martyn Ranyard <address@hidden> wrote:
>    In short, education is good, but I think they'd be focused on cost, so I
> wouldn't put too much effort in, on the other hand - they have at least
> heard of linux.

Ability to avoid lock-in and availability of good documentation should be
other selling points.  I think we have some people here involved with
significant charities: can one of them write about the benefits of Free
Software from a charity POV so that we can send them a copy and add it to
the AFFS collection?

(Aside: the idea is to build a collection of totally debugged writing about
Free Software that AFFS use to assemble factsheets and letters targetted at
particular people or issues.  That way, we can always produce high quality
material for a particular audience in the very short time that is normally
asked, without using poor or ineffective wording.  All help welcome,
especially from the more skilled writers on the list.)