Re: [Fsfe-uk] April 13th: Meeting Agenda

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] April 13th: Meeting Agenda
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 01:08:38 GMT

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
>  + Linux Install Day [?]

Currently it looks like there will be two.  One is mid-May which we probably
don't want to commit too much effort to because of needing to prepare for
the Brum expo.  The other is probably mid-to-late June which is worth
supporting more.

>  + Free Software/Development directory & newssite for UK [?]

Blurgh.  Must Get A Move On.  There have been some earthquakes in the
technology I plan to use, which are very cool, but have involved slight
rewrites of basic parts.

>  + Institutional Web Manager Liason [?]

OK, IWMs are the ac.uk webmasters.  Convert enough of these and your will
probably convert the webmasters for the departments at their institutions,
which means you could end up having a Free Software advocate in every UK HE
department.  Grand aim and it'll probably never happen, but it's worth
trying for.  We're just making the first small steps on that route now.

> - Free Software & Business?
>  + DTi again.

I'm sounding out the Federation of Small Businesses.  Eagle-eyed observers
will have spotted my credit on their web site, even if I don't entirely
agree with the rest of the article.

British Chambers of Commerce are being slow to return my calls at present.
Will persevere.

> If you want to submit something for the agenda, feel free.

OK, are the campaigns plenary or broken up into groups, probably in two time
slots to allow people to hear about more than one?

> 'I propose their be an office for Public Relations' is a motion

Looks like a typo to me.  I'd suggest motions are presented in three parts:

This meeting notes: [facts]
This meeting believes: [rationale for the proposal, based on the facts]
This meeting resolves: [actual motion]

Keep them short and sweet (ie should easily fit on A5 or one spoken minute).

--