Re: Quiet round here!

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: Quiet round here!
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:53:38 +0100

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 08:34:22PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> I'm currently marking and then I've got to write up, so I'm afraid
> I'll be none too verbose for a while.  I'll do what I can to help,
> though.

Fairy snuff :)

> > But, apart from that, comments please!!
> Here we go...

You could have put that red pen down for a while, though :)

> > 2. To provide the means to create an Organisation based on these goals
> > for the UK, with the intention of becoming an Associate of the Free
> > Software Foundation Europe.
>
> Lots of Superfluous Capitals.  Get rid of Them.  This isn't A Legal
> Document with Definitions.  Do the same below.

Actually, they were there specifically to show that these words had
definitions. So where I referred to Organisation, that was what I wasn
talking about.

> > 3. To clearly set out and define the role of this organisation, paying
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^ cut excess words.
> > special attention to any issues pertaining to the local situation in
>                          "about"? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^ superfluous
> > the UK.

Excess verbosity, okay.

> > 6. To liase with the FSFE when needed, to participate in the Free
>         ^^^^^ "liaise"?  Not sure. Same below.

Pedant :-)

> > 2. To discuss the creation of a Free Software organisation intended to
> > be separate from the FSFE family of organisations, or with remit
> Hrm, need to be careful.  The idea of associates is to not be part of
> FSFE, although maybe "FSFE family" covers it, but you need to watch
> this.  I'd drop that clause.

I get your point, but how about rewording? The point I was trying to make
was "this org should be constructive to current FSFE efforts", so we
wouldn't be arguing over whether or not it should be pro-FSFE, or pro-Free
Software but anti-FSF, etc.. so perhaps I could restate .. but yes, I think
your point is right, it could be misinterpreted too.

Thanks for your input,

Alex.
-
FSFE discussions U.K