Re: Quiet round here!

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Quiet round here!
Date: 27 May 2001 20:34:22 +0100

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> writes:

> Gosh, it's gone quiet around here, hasn't it?? For my part, I've spent
> the last couple of weeks getting into a new job, having been made a
> victim of the economy yet again. Well, that's my excuse anyway :)

I'm currently marking and then I've got to write up, so I'm afraid
I'll be none too verbose for a while.  I'll do what I can to help,
though.

> But, apart from that, comments please!!

Here we go...

> PS. Happy Bank Holiday and whatnot too :)

Holiday?  What holiday?  :(

> 2. To provide the means to create an Organisation based on these goals
> for the UK, with the intention of becoming an Associate of the Free
> Software Foundation Europe.

Lots of Superfluous Capitals.  Get rid of Them.  This isn't A Legal
Document with Definitions.  Do the same below.

> 3. To clearly set out and define the role of this organisation, paying
                ^^^^^^^^^^^ cut excess words.
> special attention to any issues pertaining to the local situation in
                         "about"? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^ superfluous
> the UK.
[...]
> 6. To liase with the FSFE when needed, to participate in the Free
        ^^^^^ "liaise"?  Not sure. Same below.
> Software movement in Europe as a whole, and to provide a conduit
[...]
> Source, Proprietry or other licence-types of software.
          ^^^^^^^^^^ spelling.
> 2. To discuss the creation of a Free Software organisation intended to
> be separate from the FSFE family of organisations, or with remit
Hrm, need to be careful.  The idea of associates is to not be part of
FSFE, although maybe "FSFE family" covers it, but you need to watch
this.  I'd drop that clause.

--
MJR
-