Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 20:43:08 +0200 (CEST)

>>    Create a new branch that presents your code in an ordered
>>    fashion, this is, using not-too-large, concise, well documented
>>    commits that makes it easy to understand how your project works.
>>    Have a look how Anuj is doing this to get an idea.  While doing
>>    so, please check the code and documentation formatting.
>>    - Two spaces after a full stop.
>>    - Source code files should always have a newline character at
>>      the very end (again an editor setting).
>>    - Avoid trailing whitespace (this should be an editor setting)
>>    - Don't precede tab characters with spaces (again an editor
>>      setting).
>
> Is there a git way to do it or do I have to manually order changes
> and do commits?

This is a manual job.  You take the final code, split it into smaller,
logical chunks that get committed separately (taking care that each
commit is compilable).  In other words, you replace your 40+ commits
with, say, less than 10.

>> I wonder whether it is necessary to have a separate `dlg.vcxproj`
>> file (and friends).  What about folding its contents into
>> `freetype.vcxproj`?  The `dlg` stuff gets completely integrated
>> into FreeType and will be always linked statically...
>
> I have made a separate project for dlg, as for the release
> builds(Release Static and Release) it would be easy to not compile
> the dlg's code just by simply skipping the dlg project and building
> only the FreeType project.

My knowledge is too limited to have a qualified opinion.  Alexei?

> Ok, I will use the dlgwrap.c method, for this we also have to
> include file `freetype.h' right?

Please include whatever is necessary :-)

    Werner