Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Priyesh kumar
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 13:53:58 +0530

Hi Werner,
> * Under GNU/Linux the `dlg` library needs pthread.  Please fix
>  building the demo tools in `make devel` mode by adding the attached
>  patch to a branch.

I have added a new branch named `GSoC-2020-priyesh'  in the demo programs
repository which contains updates to support logging.

Thanks,
Priyesh

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:52 PM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> So, I have updated the code in `GSoC-2020-priyesh' branch such that
> there are no separate project files for building dlg,

Thanks.

> in this branch I have used the `dlgwrap.c' method, [...]

OK.

> I have also pushed all the changes in this new branch, Please take a
> look at that and let me know if there are any concerns.

It works, great, AFAICS!  Two minor things.

* Under GNU/Linux the `dlg` library needs pthread.  Please fix
  building the demo tools in `make devel` mode by adding the attached
  patch to a branch.

  It would be great if you could also update FreeType's
  `builds/unix/configure.raw` file to check for working pthread
  support.

* Right now I get, for example,

    [objs]    FT_Open_Face: Requesting number of faces and named instances
    [io]    FT_Stream_Open: opened `zapf.cff' (329 bytes) successfully
    [ttobjs]    TTF driver
    [ttobjs]      SFNT driver
    [sfobjs]      not a font using the SFNT container format
    [t1objs]    Type 1 driver

  However, I would like to have

    [objs]      FT_Open_Face: Requesting number of faces and named instances
    [io]        FT_Stream_Open: opened `zapf.cff' (329 bytes) successfully
    [ttobjs]    TTF driver
    [ttobjs]      SFNT driver
    [sfobjs]      not a font using the SFNT container format
    [t1objs]    Type 1 driver

  In other words, I want that all tags a constant width for better
  vertical alignment.

    Werner