Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:55:35 +0200 (CEST)

> I was trying to compile FreeType on Windows using Cygwin and I was
> getting the following error while executing `sh autogen.sh' command
> even though I have installed the required packages from the Cygwin
> package installer:
> --
>

> *Can't locate Automake/Config.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
> Automake::Config module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/automake-1.16
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_p*
>
> *erl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/core_perl) at /c/cygwin/bin/aclocal-1.16 line 36.*
>
> --

Obviously there is a problem with Perl.  No idea how to solve it,
sorry.  In case you can't generate the `configure` script simply copy
it to your Cygwin environment from, say, your GNU/Linux box.

We don't guarantee that a build directly from the git repository works
on all platforms.  However, the tarball created by `make dist` should
work.

> I have searched about this error online but didn't get any helpful
> answers.  Could you please take a look at it as it the only
> remaining platform to test the changes.

IMHO it's not worth that you examine this in more detail.

> I also wanted to ask that other than using `make' and `cmake' is
> there some other way to compile FreeType on Mac platforms?

No idea.  What exactly are you interested in?

> After this, I will proceed towards updating the `docs/DEBUG' file
> and wrap up the project.

Thanks!

    Werner