Re: [Freebangfont-devel] UniBangla

From: taneem
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] UniBangla
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:22:23 -0400

Quoting Sajed Chowdhury <address@hidden>:

> I think BIOS would rather not loudly acknowledge having much of
> any
> influence of Indian origin.

Sajed bhai,

I wonder what BIOS would say about copying bn_BD locale data file (created by a
Bangladeshi and submitted on behalf of bdlug) from glibc package and simply
replacing the contact info by their own and *few comments*; and *indirectly*
(no mention that it is basically a glibc data file) claim it to be their
work? :) And what they would say about doing some copy-paste [read: violating
copyright] from howtos written by a Bangladeshi to create their README file?

> Also, I find it amazing that BIOS doesn't even have a public mailing list.
> Apparently they're not too bothered that they might be perceived as an
> invite-only project.  And perhaps they don't want anyone to just lurk
> around.

I asked them why their discussion/work is not public, and I was told they work
differently from *other* open source projects. Apparently they like phone calls
and face to face discussion.

> Which, I'm grateful that FBF allows me to do.

I'll very happy if you take the time to give your input to Ankur
(http://www.bengalinux.org) project (FBF is part of it) from time to time.

Regards,
Taneem