Re: [Freebangfont-devel] seeking help regarding bangla fonts in linux

From: Kaushik Ghose
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] seeking help regarding bangla fonts in linux
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:50:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On 3 Apr 2003, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

> it), the editor will lose its significance as soon as QT starts
> supporting Bangla, as the more feature rich Kedit/Kate/whatever will be
> supporting Bangla.

I agree. I actually think Lekho is already obsolete with gedit supporting
bangla, and with bspeller , the one useful thing for Lekho is bangtex
(bangtex import , yikes, I wasn't thinking of tackling that, there was some
deal with converting something to bangtex - I've now forgotten, but I think
I have it on the TODO)

I'll keep supporting Lekho and adding to it, but I think it has served its
purpose, and will always be there for people who still have systems with
no OT support and who don't want to set up switchable keymaps.

So I agree energies are better channeled into different OS projects.

Theres the bangla dictionary project, the font design, the translation
project etc.

Plenty of stuff. I want to start coordinating slowly again fo rthe bangla
dictionary project so volunteers are welcome...

-kg

PS. we also need an icon/mascot for Ankur...