[Freebangfont-devel] Mukti Set of fonts screenshot

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti Set of fonts screenshot
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:22:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,
  I have put a screenshot of my fonts in my machine at
www.geocities.com/mitra_anirban/screenshot.jpg . You
can have a look at them before actually downloading
and installing them.
  Meanwhile I have investigated why my fonts are not
working in WINNT. Simon Daniels of Microsoft
Typography has tested the font Mukti in their Font
Validator Tool [ It is a program they are giving to
font devlopers gratis, even postage paid! However I
could not take the offer as I work in Windows 98 and
the tool requires minimum Windows2000 sp3.Deepayan,
you can try this] and have send me a detailed error
report. The good news is the open type tables have
passed all tests. But there are a long list of errors
in other parts of font. Some of them (e.g. overlapping
contours, absent Mac Mappings) are correctable by me,
but some are not. If anybody wants to see the error
file I can send it to him.  The file is in xml format
and requires a suitable browser like IE6 to view. [I'm
however viewing it "improperly" with Wordpad.;)]
   Another thing, I think we should work in liason
with people who are developing bangla rendering module
of Pango. The ultimate goal of this project is to make
font for Bangla version of Gnome, so thinking should
be resonant among all places.
Thanks

=====
Dr Anirban Mitra ||||        ||