fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] parallel loading of soundfont samples

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] parallel loading of soundfont samples
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 19:42:04 +0100

Hi,

for anybody who wants to try the OpenMP parallel loading, I've just
pushed the fix for the vorbis load to use separate file pointers to
Toms branch here:
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/tree/parallelize-sf3-loading

Hamish, would be great to see how that performs on your 6 core
machine. Like I said, I get a little over twice the speed on four
cores.
And the loaded font does actually play a test midi file... so at least
it's not completely broken :-)

Cheers
Marcus