fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Authentication problem using manage_addFLE

From: janne . pietarila
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Authentication problem using manage_addFLE
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:41:53 +0300

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 08:44:52AM +0200 address@hidden wrote:
> I show you my problem, when you create the object in a form you are
> asked to provide the name of the object and the name of the admin, his
> password and the password confirmation (sorry for the italian again, but
> we are in development).
> But I cannot log with the admin in FLE.
> If I create another FLE object inside the Plone portal specifying the
> same admin name everything goes well.

Access

http://*yourserver/path/to/zschool*/FLE/fle_users/*admin*/manage_owner

and notice the "This object is owned by" line; the staff in the
parenthesis is definitely wrong (/Zscool/*instance_name*/acl_users), it
should be *instance_name*/acl_users.

If you fix this by logging to Zope management as *admin* (The name
you gave in creation form of Zscool) and click "Take Ownership" you
can log into FLE.

But why things go wrong?

I think that manage_addZschool() should create an instance of Zscool and
Zschool should either:

a) inherit Products.CMFPlone.Portal.PloneSite [or something like that,
   unfortunately I know almost nothing about Plone. :-(  ]

or

b) Create plone site inside Zschool folder (this is probably easier
   to do, but then the structure is not probably what you want...)

Currently instance of Zshool is not created (its __init__ method is
never called). Anyway, the FLE instance should be created from Zshool
(maybe there is a way around it but it probably involves some deep
magic).

--
Janne Pietarila