epix-users

[ePiX-users] Figure size

From: José Alexandre Nalon
Subject: [ePiX-users] Figure size
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:36:17 -0300

Hello,

In all my scripts, I set the figure size using the command:

  picture(lowerBound, upperBound, "6 x 6in");

having defined lowerBound and upperBound earlier. 6x6 inches
is a good picture size for what I need, but the actual size
of the resulting pictures vary a lot, usually smaller than
that. It is probably because of the domains and point of view:
I usually normalize the domains to the range (-1., 1.), but
some pictures are drawn easier if the domains are normalized
to the range (0., 1.) -- those pictures result very small. Note
that I _do_ change lowerBound and upperBound accordingly when
changing the domain range (usually I make the lowerBound 0.5
smaller then the lower limit of the domain, and the upperBound
0.5 bigger).

Is there a way to make the size of the resulting pictures be,
at least, approximatelly the same? Absolute precision is not
needed (as the figures are scaled in the resulting document).

--
José Alexandre Nalon
address@hidden