epix-users

[ePiX-users] Math functions

From: José Alexandre Nalon
Subject: [ePiX-users] Math functions
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:55:50 -0300

Greetings,

I'm new to ePiX and to this list. In the past days, Andrew
has helped me a lot, and I am getting very nice figures.
The problem I'm having now seems silly, but I couldn't find
a solution.

At certain point in my function, I have to calculate the power
of a number. I tried the traditional approach:

p = exp(b*log(a));

and ePiX was returning a lot of nans and the picture was not
being drawn. Checking the examples, I saw that sin and cos
functions were used with capital letters, so I tried:

p = Exp(b*Log(a));

with no luck. Since all I needed was 2nd and 4th powers, I
used multiplications, and the figure was drawn ok. But this
is so ugly that at this moment I can't look myself at the
mirror :) I was wondering what would be the correct way to
do it?

Thanks in advance.

--
José Alexandre Nalon