epix-users

Re: [ePiX-users] Figure size

From: Andrew D. Hwang
Subject: Re: [ePiX-users] Figure size
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:51:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, José Alexandre Nalon wrote:

In all my scripts, I set the figure size using the command:

 picture(lowerBound, upperBound, "6 x 6in");

having defined lowerBound and upperBound earlier. 6x6 inches
is a good picture size for what I need, but the actual size
of the resulting pictures vary a lot, usually smaller than
that. [snip]

Is there a way to make the size of the resulting pictures be,
at least, approximatelly the same? Absolute precision is not
needed (as the figures are scaled in the resulting document).

At present there's no simple, automated way to do this, except to draw a border around all your figures, which probably doesn't have the effect you want. (What now compiles into a small figure would instead become a box of the requested size, but containing tiny contents.)

However, code that can automatically choose the bounding box (as you asked about via email) would ensure picture contents nearly fill the bounding box. I'll experiment with some ideas in the coming weeks.

--
Andy

Andrew D. Hwang                 address@hidden
Department of Math and CS       http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross       (508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395       (508) 793-3530 (fax)