Re: [Enigma-devel] 320x240 resolution

From: Clarence Risher
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 320x240 resolution
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:27:36 -0600

Now that I am actually on the mailing list I will be able to see all replies, instead of just half the conversation I could see before.  I revisit this topic because my then-stolen gp2x will soon be replaced, and bringing my port of enigma up to version 1.01 is at the top of my to-do list.  More precisely, I plan to start over from the official sources and re-implement my changes*.  I am going to try to compartmentalize and generalize the code specific to the 320x240 resolution, with the hopes that those changes will be usable in the PC version as well as other ports.  If all goes well I should have some progress to report in a few weeks.

* - in addition to 320x240 support I also had to implement a button-based input method (for the game pad on the gp2x), as well as decipher how to enable the built in but apparently abandoned support for zipped directories**.

** - is that feature abandoned intentionally?  is there official support for it still?