Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:22:17 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden> To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>; "Andreas Lochmann" <address@hidden>; "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>
Cc: "enigma-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 4:23 PM

Hi,

Some functions supplied by lua.cc crash on calling "luaL_error":

- enigma.GetAttrib with non existing attribute or pseudo-attribute "kind".
- enigma.GetKind(nil)

These crashes occur only on Windows but not on Linux. They are
independent of Lua 5.1 and 5.1.1.

The error handling does work in general on Windows, as incorrect calls like

enigma.SetItem(7,9, nil)

are reported correctly.

Please find attached a sample level with the different errors commented
out. Activate one after the other for testing.

Any ideas?

Hmm...
I can confirm the crash, but my current setup does not support debugging, because I cross-compile. I could do a direct compilation, and see what gdb thinks, but It would be a bit of a pain, so I will hold off on doing so unless nobody else can come up with an explanation.