Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:23:32 +0200

Tacvek wrote:
And finally a slightly suspicious one:

printf-args.c: In function `printf_fetchargs':
printf-args.c:83: warning: `wint_t' is promoted to `int' when passed through `...' printf-args.c:83: warning: (so you should pass `int' not `wint_t' to `va_arg')
printf-args.c:83: note: if this code is reached, the program will abort

I've always had this appear, although Daniel did not seem to be able to reproduce it.
I had assumed I have some bad header somewhere.

If this error is also showing up for other people then I would be suspicious. Aborting does indeed appear to be what is happening, and I think the error printing code
does use *printf.

This warning occurs in GNU gettext compilation. I saw it, too. But the crash messages are not translated. So it is very unlikely to be the reason.

The gettext version included is only compiled for Windows - otherwise we use the OS-installed gettext version.

Eliminating the reason for this warning would be anyway a step forward.

@Tacvek: The gcc 3.4.5 version you tested did use which exception method - DW2 or sjlj exceptions (see http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/build%20a%20Win32%20x-compiler%20for%20Linux)?

I am still wondering why the crashes occur very stable with the calls listed in this thread independent of Lua, minggw and Enigma version, but other luaL_error calls work totally stable independet of the versions at the same time. What is the difference between these luaL_error calls?

- Ronald