Re: [Enigma-devel] Scroll mode problem

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Scroll mode problem
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:09:57 +0200

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 07:57 +0000, Karen Pouelle wrote:
> The description "scroll but align to screens" was a lie.

I would not necessarily call it a "lie" simply because your perception
of a "screen" is a little different.  Maybe it's a little inaccurate, or
it may need a better description, but it's not as if anybody
intentionally fooled you.

FWIW, I just added two new functions to the Lua interface:

display.SetScrollBoundary (0.5) -- this is the default
display.SetScrollBoundary (0.0) -- this is what you want, with no
overlap

and (unrelated)

display.ResizeGameArea (20, 13) -- this is the deafult
display.ResizeGameArea (15, 10) -- use a smaller area

I hope this solves the problem.

Of course, it is up to the level designers to use this feature wisely:
the player has no chance to see any traps (water, abyss, etc.) in
adjacent screens if he has to move the marble _outside_ the current
screen to cause the screen flip.

- Daniel