Re: [Enigma-devel] Xml Scripting Questions

From: Petr Machata
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Xml Scripting Questions
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:32:04 +0200

Daniel Heck wrote:
> I would really like to use a "real" XML parser like expat instead of the
> simple mockup parser that is currently in use.  :-( Maybe I should add
> this as a project to the "help wanted" page on the Enigma home page!

I don't know details, but wouldn't TinyXML fit just fine?

"TinyXml is a simple, small, C++ XML parser that can be easily
integrating into other programs."

It's actually a .cc file and a header, so it could be easily distributed
with enigma. Covered with extremely tolerant zlib licence... If you
still keep your policy of not depending on any external libs, this might
be a way. That said, I have never used it, so I have no real experience.

It won't do a DTD validation for you... this would have to be hand-rolled.

> - Daniel

PM