Re: [Enigma-devel] Xml Scripting Questions

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Xml Scripting Questions
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:48:11 +0200

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 13:24 -0400, Karen Pouelle wrote:
> I'd like to fill a small rectangle of floor in XML level.
>
> To fill whole floor, add fill tag in floor section like this:CODE
>    <floors>
>      <fill kind="fl-space"/>
>    </floors>
>
> But how to fill just a small area, instead of entire level?

The primary goal of the XML format is to be easily readable by other
programs, which is why I tried to keep the number of tags to an absolute
minimum.  The easiest way to partially fill the floor is in fact to use
the row tag, and I would generally like to keep it that way.

> I'm also noticing some parsing problems.
> For instance, <! > tags are not ignored and
> x='2'  (using single quote instead of double)
> causes error.

I would really like to use a "real" XML parser like expat instead of the
simple mockup parser that is currently in use.  :-( Maybe I should add
this as a project to the "help wanted" page on the Enigma home page!

- Daniel