[Enigma-devel] Porting Enigma to Lua 5

From: Tacvek
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Porting Enigma to Lua 5
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:11:07 -0500

I have begun the process of porting Enigma to Lua 5.0.2 and toLua 5.0. I've attached the patch (a tarball of a tla changeset directory) against enigma--devel--0.9--patch-79.

There is a little bit of work left, mainly in lua.cc
The code does not compile yet because of this. However somebody more experienced with lua than i am should be able to fix this rather easily (I think). Mainly the problem is that tags were removed from Lua in favor of metatables.

Dheck: Combining both libs into one .a file is a very nice trick. the only poteintal problem is that it may cause some confusion for future maintainers, but I suspect it is worth whatever confusion results to be able to simplify the building process.

NOTES:
Lua::CallFunc always returns zero because lua_call no longer returns any value.

Some Lua code may need to be changed.

Lua no longer supports tags, it uses metatables to replace them.