[Enigma-devel] Enigma-devel tree-lint error

From: Tacvek
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma-devel tree-lint error
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:02:58 -0500

I'm having some trouble with the Enigma Arch. I just checked out from scratch a pristine copy of the archive. When I go to run 'tla tree-lint' however, arch complains that there are a bunch of arch-ids (all 'Makefile.in.id') that have no corresponding files. They do indeed have corresponding files, but these files are ignored by arch because arch believes these files to be 'precious'. The problem is that {arch}/=tagging-method, indicates that all files named 'Makefile.in' are 'precious'.

This problems prevents me from using nearly any arch command because arch almost always runs 'tla tree-lint' before doing its work.

I can temporarily fix this problem by removing the offending line from {arch}/=tagging-method , but that file is a source file, so my changes are reverted whenever I run 'tla update' and the change is not re-applied because the new tree does not pass 'tla tree-lint'.

I believe the correct solution is to include a patch for the offending line in the next enigma--devel patch.

I had just updated my debian distro (I'm using Sid), so I assume the problem is caused by a change of behavior in the latest version of tla, but the concept behind this change makes sense, so we should accommodate it.