Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems building current archive

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems building current archive
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:17:51 -0500

Humm, the libraries are all in place. I rather suspect that some path ist missing in my PATH. I ran ./autogen.sh as root user and the error disappeared.
But there is another Error I could not get solved:
--------------------------------------
matt:/home/bjo/arch/enigma-devel# ./autogen.sh

Bootstrapping ./lib-src/zipios++    OK
Bootstrapping ./ configure.ac: 8: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.ac: 8: required file `./[src/config.h].in' not found
configure.ac: 8: required file `./[src/stamp-h.in' not found
ERROR
--------------------------------------
I was looking for missing packages (I would have suspected autoconf-archive or autotoos-dev), but they are all installed.

Your automake is quite out of date.

On my system 'stable' automake is the ancient 1.4-p6,
*but* 'unstable' automake is _1.9.6_. My system uses automake-wrapper to select
between the two, and it chooses the 'unstable' for use with enigma.

I also have a slightly more recent autoconf version.
Excerpt from the automake manual:
`AC_CONFIG_HEADERS'
    Automake will generate rules to rebuild these headers.  Oldern
    versions of Automake required the use of `AM_CONFIG_HEADER' (*note
    Macros::); this is no longer the case today.